I thought that Zipcar service was great however over the past year the service has plummeted in my opinion and their prices are not sufficient with the service that they provide. if there's an inconvenience on your end they give you a minimum credit if you're late they charge you an extra hour plus $50 even when no ones waiting for the vehicle and my opinion you might as well use Uber or lift and call it a day. You have just lost an customer over an additional charge of $60.50 that should have been handled another way.

Product or Service Mentioned: Zipcar Car Rental.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

You're far from the first and further from the last. HGS on 5515 W War Memorial Dr in Peoria Il 61615 who handles the communication and decisions for Zipcar and Zipcar tells them what to do.

If you also noticed Zipcar doesn't want you to call the local office anymore. If you goto the bottom of the page you will see they deleted the local office number.

And if you look on the Better Business Bureau site they have a D- rating especially for what you described. If you have twitter you will see even more complaints @zipcar.

I've noticed this as well. When they *** up you have to fight for a credit and when they give you one it's minimal.

When they *** up everything is at the customers expense. They punish you. If you're late bam $50 late fee AND additional hourly charge. Like WTF?

In Sept I too had a *** customer service experience that should have been handled differently. It's *** Feb and I'm STILL having to fight with them about it. That will get it's own post. The only reason I'm fighting and not just walking away is because I feel like I should be able to use the service without being *** over.

And I need car sharing. But also I will leave on MY own terms not due to their unfair and unwarranted termination.

to Anonymous #1137488