1.1
Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

Do yourself a HUGE favour and use another car sharing service like Enterprise......Trust me you would be glad you did!

On a recent last minute trip away from my home town I was unable to secure a rental car as they were all booked for the upcoming busy summer weekend. I decided on Zipcar though the extra kms I would be charged would be considerable it would help that the gas would be included and I would not have to pay for it. This would therefore leave more funds to use during my time away.

Upon discovery that the gas card did not work after trying it at a few different highway service station stops I called the number on the back of the card. I was informed by the credit provider that the card had previously been suspended for fraudulent use. After immediately reporting this to Zipcar the only guarantee I was able to get was that the card would be replaced. I received zero compensation for the gross inconvenience incurred. The trip cost a lot of money and the issue left me short at the time. That you can submit your gas receipt for reimbursement was not helpful at all as it takes forever to hear back from them after your submission.

Prior to this I had once reserved a higher priced vehicle to treat myself ( a sporty Nissan Maxima or Altima I believe). When i arrived at the location where the vehicle was parked I could see right away that it was covered in scratches and dents from misuse. Again, no compensation not to mention I saw my mother with that car so there were endless questions why I rented such a vehicle and was I at fault etc. etc. Not the only time I reserved a car only to find it very visibly damaged or dirty, smelly etc.

I had enough and once enrolled with Enterprise Car Sharing I messaged Zipcar to voice my general dissatisfaction with their services and I requested that thy cancel my membership. Days later I receivd an email stating that after a review of my account Zipcar decided to terminate my membership! LOL I immediately told them to review my prior communication requesting a cancellation of my account.

A joke and money grab at best, taking advantage of people who need wheels and surely in many instances those who are financially cash strapped leaving them spending much more money than they need to when they really can't afford to do so.

Product or Service Mentioned: Zipcar Car Rental.

Reason of review: all of the options.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Convenience.

I didn't like: Immature cancellation of my membership.

Comments